Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- These Terms and Conditions form the basis of the agreement between Marion Burnham (trading as “Paws @ Ty Capel”, hereafter referred to as “Paws”, “we”, or “us”) and the owner (“you”) of the dog(s) to be home boarded with Paws.
- All dogs must have up to date vaccinations and flea protection, and have been wormed and bathed. Proof of vaccinations must be shown to Paws prior to the stay.
- A mutually convenient time for drop off and collection of the dog(s) must be agreed between you and Paws.
- Your Emergency Contact must be aware of their role, duties and responsibilities and be available for the duration of the booking.
- You, or your Emergency Contact, are responsible for payment of any veterinary fees incurred and you are responsible for reimbursing any costs incurred by Paws if any damage, other than reasonable wear and tear, is caused to Paws’ home or possessions by your dog(s).
- Paws will make every effort to provide high standards of care but cannot be held liable for loss, injury or death unless negligence on the part of Paws is shown.
- You agree to let Paws know of any changes to your dog(s) details.
- If your dog(s) escapes from Paws’ premises (assuming no negligence is found on the part of Paws) any liability for the dog(s) actions remains your responsibility.
- If Paws cannot continue to board your dog(s) through problems with the dog(s) sickness or behaviour, then Paws will try to find another suitable alternative carer if possible and advise you and your Emergency Contact accordingly. If Paws is unable to find another suitable alternative carer and your Emergency Contact is unable or unwilling to take the dog(s), then Paws will, in consultation with your Emergency Contact, ﬁnd suitable kennels or veterinary accommodation for the dog(s). You will be responsible for the associated costs.
- If the dog has shown aggression or bites during its board, your Emergency Contact will be asked to remove the dog. If your Emergency Contact cannot take the dog then the dog will be removed to a kennel. There will be no refund of boarding fees that have been paid and you will be responsible for all kennel fees.
- If the dog has not had the kennel cough vaccination and it needs to be removed to a kennel, then you give permission for the dog to have the vaccination at your cost.
- Paws are unable to accept dogs that have shown aggression towards other dogs and/or people or subject to the terms of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991. No dogs registered under this act will be accepted for boarding at Paws.
- Paws will accept bookings for unspayed bitches, however if you believe your dog(s) may come into season during their boarding period then you must inform Paws of this before making any booking. Paws reserves the right to not accept a bitch in season and to cancel the booking and refund the fee without any liability to Paws.
- Paws will accept bookings for entire males providing they do not show aggression towards other dogs or people. In the event of aggression occurring during a stay clause 10 will apply.
- Paws will not accept bookings of multiple dogs if the booking includes both a bitch in season and an entire male.
- You are responsible for supplying enough food for the duration of the dog(s) stay, and equipment including; food and water bowls, bedding, lead, toys etc. that will help the dog(s) to settle into the new environment. If insufficient food is supplied for the duration of the stay, you are responsible for reimbursing Paws for costs incurred in the purchase of more food.
- It is a legal requirement that all dogs must wear a collar with an identity tag showing the name and address of the owner (a telephone number is optional but advisable). Dogs boarding at Paws will also wear Paws identity tag on its collar during its stay.
- All equipment is to be provided by you, and it is your responsibility to ensure that it is of suitable quality and fit for purpose.
- You agree that if after 10 days of the booked return date you have not collected your dog(s) and Paws had made every attempt to contact you or Emergency Contact without success, then the dog(s) may be put up for re-homing.
- If you collect the dog(s) before the confirmed end date of the board, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If Paws is unable to proceed with a booked board due to a change in personal circumstances, Paws will endeavour to board the dog(s) with another suitable alternative carer, but this may not be in the same area. Paws reserves the right to cancel the booking and refund the fee without any liability to Paws.
- If Paws is unable to continue with a commenced boarding due to a change in personal circumstances, Paws will endeavour to home the dog(s) with another suitable alternative carer, but this may not be in the same area. If Paws cannot find another suitable alternative carer then your Emergency Contact will be contacted, if they cannot take the dog(s) then arrangements will be made for the dogs to stay in kennels. Paws accepts responsibility for these costs. Paws reserves the right to cancel the booking and refund the fee without any liability to Paws.
- The booking fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The dog(s) must be used to living in a home environment and must be housetrained and not exhibit territorial marking behaviour.
- A booking will only be regarded as confirmed when the booking fee is paid and a signed Booking Form is returned (which should be no later than 5 days after the meeting with Paws). First time customers must also complete a Registration Form for each dog.
- You agree to provide full, accurate and detailed information about your dog(s) on the Registration Form(s). Each registered dog requires a completed Registration Form. You agree to keep Paws informed of any changes to the Registration Form. Failure on your part to disclose any matter which in Paws' view may render the dog(s) unsuitable for home boarding with Paws will amount to a breach of conditions and termination of the dog(s) stay without refund. Clause 9 will apply.
- You are required to complete, and maintain, a Vet Authorisation statement on the Registration Form, to demonstrate to any vet your intention to pay any veterinary bills incurred during any boarding period.
- Any conditions requiring the administration of medicine to the dog(s) must be fully disclosed and discussed with Paws before booking. Dosage rates etc. must be provided on a Paws Dog Medication Form before their stay. Any changes in required medication must be communicated to Paws in a timely manner.
- Paws will attempt to contact you or your Emergency Contact in an emergency and if necessary your Emergency Contact is expected to make any decisions with regard to the dog(s). If you or your Emergency Contact cannot be contacted, Paws reserves the right to act on your behalf, and in the best interests of your dog(s), seeking and following advice from a veterinary surgeon.
- If your dog was a “rescue” dog, it must have been resident with you for a minimum of six months before boarding with Paws.
- Paws will walk your dog(s) as a routine part of their stay, unless you explicitly request that this does not occur. Paws may transport your dog by private car to walking places such as the beach or woods. Please inform Paws in advance of the stay if you do not wish this to happen.
- Paws is very small scale and can only accommodate up to 3 dogs from the same family. New customers should ensure that both Paws and your dog(s) are happy with the arrangements at Paws, it is therefore recommended that your dog(s) visit Paws before you make a reservation. If this is not possible, you must telephone Paws to discuss the boarding arrangements before making any booking.
- When Paws accepts your booking, even for one dog, we are unable to take bookings from any other party for your booked period; we therefore request that bookings are paid in full when they are made. This ensures that your booking is confirmed and guaranteed. Full payment is required before the commencement of your boarding period. Paws accepts cheques drawn on a UK bank account, and bank transfers, but cash payments are preferred. If you wish to pay by cash when you drop off your dog(s) you must contact us before booking, and ensure both parties are happy with the payment arrangements.
- Paws is presently unable to take payments by any form of payment card.
- As of July 2018 Paws has a resident dog; a small Scottie Poodle cross bitch. You give permission to board your dog(s) together with Paws’ dog(s). The dogs must have an introductory meeting prior to a stay.
- Unless we are obliged by law to do so, Paws will not disclose your data, or knowledge of your being away from home, to any third parties. This includes any affiliates and / or other companies or businesses with which we may have a relationship. All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
When making a booking with us, you agree to comply with the above terms and conditions. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Terms and Conditions last updated: 5 July 2018